Clinique Pop Matte Lipstick and Pop Liquid Matte

12:15:00 PM

Clinique Pop Matte Lipstick and Pop Liquid Matte

Another lippies adding to my stash!
This time they're from Clinique, which are their latest lip color. They are Pop Matte Lipstick and Pop Liquid Matte.
I have each of them that I got when Clinique invited me to their launching. Thank you Clinique!

Clinique Pop Matte Lipstick and Pop Liquid Matte

I have reviewed them shortly on my previous post. Now, I'm gonna review them more briefly.

Also read: Clinique Lip Pop Matte Launching Event 

For Pop Matte Lipstick, I got shade Pow Pop. And for Pop Liquid Matte, I got shade Flame Pop.
Just like their name, Pop Liquid Matte is the liquid lipstick while Pop Matte Lipstick is bullet lipstick.

Their bottle both come with doff-matte surface material, just like their name. And the cap side has a reflect-able material, practical if you need emergency mirror XD
The difference are, Pop Matte Lipstick comes with fully opaque tube while Pop Liquid Matte comes with cloudy tube glass so the inside is visible. Pop Liquid Matte also has a bit taller bottle than Pop Matte Lipstick.

Clinique Pop Matte Lipstick in Pow Pop
Clinique Pop Matte Lipstick in Pow Pop
Pop Matte Lipstick in Pow Pop has purple tone with a little touch of fuschia, based on how it turns out on me.
The texture when I swiped on my lips, it feels powdery yet soft and smooth application. It doesn't feel chalky at all.
The pigmentation is top notch. It already gives color even I just pat it.

Also read: Felicela Slide Lip Brush

The finishing is matte, but not drying at all.
It also feels so light on lips.
My mom doesn't really into matte lipstick, but she tried this once and she said it didn't feel dry or tight at all.

It doesn't really transfer-proof, because it still leaves mark if I kiss my backhand but not too much.
Lasts quite long if I don't eat or drink. But if I do, it still leaves a nice stain on lips unless I eat oily food..

Clinique Pop Liquid Matte in Flame Pop
Clinique Pop Liquid Matte in Flame Pop
Pop Liquid Matte in Flame Pop has a real bright red color, based on how it turns on me.
The texture is "slippery"-greasy like IMO. Honestly I don't know how to explain this better, but that doesn't mean anything bad with the texture. It's easy to apply.

The applicator shape is like pumpkin seed, but thicker. The wand and handle is short, would be more comfortable if it's longer though.
Honestly I quiet had trouble applying this Pop Liquid Matte. Whether it's because the applicator shape or the texture.
But now I already get the hang of it :D

Also read: [SOCIOVIT FREEBIES] Nutri-Biotech The Right C

Eventually, the trouble doesn't stop there.
This Liquid Matte actually doesn't give any matte finish at all. Its finish is like moisture lipstick.
So, it's totally not transfer-proof and it stains my teeth like a lot.
I need to blot with tissue if I want to achieve a more matte look with this liquid lipstick.

Staying power is quite well if I don't eat or drink too much, and it still leaves a pretty stain if I do unless I eat oily food or too barbaric XD

Both Pop Matte Lipstick and Pop Liquid Matte has primer in it. No wonder this lip color is super pigmented and moisturizing.

Here's swatch on my lips!

Clinique Pop Matte Lipstick in Pow Pop
Clinique Pop Matte Lipstick in Pow Pop

Clinique Pop Liquid Matte in Flame Pop
Clinique Pop Liquid Matte in Flame Pop
Actually, the Flame Pop is too bright for me. So I tone down a bit by applying it dot by dot then I use lip brush to evenly coat my lips. The color turns out much softer :D

Have you tried this lip color?
What's your opinion?
Share it on comment box below!

See you again on the next post~

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I love this review, the colour of the lippy looks gorgeous!

    www.thelushstyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. pow pop nya ckep bgt. pigmented yahh. ak kira bakalan purple warnanya tp lebih ke fuschia yah . ^^

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iyaa bagus bgt warnanya aku lgsg jatuh cintrong sama Pow Pop
      Wkwkwk
      Pigmented dan ngga kerasa kering sama sekali

      Delete
  3. memang sedikit ada efek shimmernya ya say. aku punya tapi bukan seri yang ini. hal yg paling suka dari lipstick clinique adalah tekturenya yang lembut bikin bibir ngak kering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yg liquid emg ngga matte sih kak, meskipun claimnya matte :"D
      Iyaa super lembab bgt pakenya

      Delete
  4. Both of them are bold color, ya
    Need more guts to use daily XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yg liquid bisa dibikin less bold kak bulee
      Hihihi
      Hasilnya kyk di postinganku sebelumnya --> http://www.phieselphie.com/2017/03/clinique-lip-pop-matte-launching-event.html

      Delete
  5. Great post! Clinique is my favorite brand. I love a good matte lipstick and the Pow Pop lipstick is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remain knowledgeable about all of the newest news, particular events, extraordinary adventures, and be the first to receive select presents from Parq Vancouver. From the games you're keen on|you like} already to the ones everybody has been 카지노사이트 waiting for — explore our expansive sport catalog and find the place to play them. See our new brand story come to life online and engage with all the things that make it so distinctive. Exciting, new options; simple, intuitive navigation; and so much extra. In honor of your service, we offer discounts of a lot as} 10% for resort rooms to all Military personnel 12 months spherical. Whether it’s on the nightclub or on the solely dayclub in South Florida, visitors can anticipate the most well liked|the most popular} names to make an look.

    ReplyDelete

If you want to follow each other, follow me FIRST
Then put a COMMENT and I'll follow back
I'm SICK with people who PROMISED will follow back after I follow them first, but they don't eventually..!
Oh, please~

Powered by Blogger.